Monday, November 07, 2005

This came after we were asked to find another church



I Looked
I looked for understanding in the place where they profess compassion and found none
I looked for friendship there but they backed away, veiling their horror at my audacity
distancing themselves to avoid the contamination of my presence
they looked but did not see
they are blind in their preconceptions
their view of how the world should be
of who is good
what is acceptable
they could not see my heart
my love
my loneliness
my desire to be good
to be a part of them
to be accepted
they only saw I was different
I was imperfect
I wasn’t like them
I was poor
so I will go
and they will lose
for I bring gifts
I can teach them to see
I can show them how to be who they profess to be
what it means to care
how to receive the blessings they desire
how to live and have life
but they rejected me and thus rejected my gifts.
Even in the desert flowers bloom. The one pictuured I took in West Texas on my grandmothers farm.
How many thoughts I have lost by not being able to write them down. I don’t pretend to be all that but this conveys the emotions I have gone through and there is a power in the art of poetry, an art I need to cultivate as I seek recognition and attempt to bring changes in the hearts of those I can touch thus accomplishing the only thing that has lasting value. Better than riches is a changed life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home